Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Carb Lover's - Day 2

What I ate:
(items in red were not on today's meal plan but were added or subbed in)
B: Banana and fiber granola bar
S1: 14 baby carrots and 2T of hummus
L: 2 eggs, 1 apple, 4 wasa crackers and 2 wedges of laughing cow cheese
D: Ginger Shrimp Stir-fry (with 1.5 oz extra shrimp)

Calorie count: 1,226

If I am hungry before bed (which I can't imagine at the moment) I'm planning to have a Vitamuffin and I'll end the day at 1,326.

How I feel:
Definitely not as tired today as I was yesterday. I'm chalking yesterday's tiredness up to it just being a Monday. Also, allergies are running rampant in Tennessee right now so that helps no one.

I was hungry just 2 hours after my breakfast, so I had some carrots and hummus. It was only around 90 calories for a filling snack. It kept me satisfied until lunch at noon when I was starving again. I added an extra egg, 2 extra crackers and half an ounce of extra cheese at lunch.

I had chips and salsa set aside for a snack, but I ended up not being hungry and a late afternoon meeting kept me occupied. Dinner was awesome (more below). It was so delicious and the portion size was huge! I'm basically sitting here in a food coma right now.

The recipe was Shrimp Stir-fry with Ginger. I substituted olive oil and a sprinkle of sesame seeds for the sesame oil and ground ginger for fresh grated.

WOW! If all the recipes in Carb Lover's are as good as this one then we will be in business. And like I said it was a HUGE portion.


2 comments:

JUNiPERlou said...

So excited for you Emily!!! Woohoo!!!

Beth & Jeremy said...

Hi, Emily. My BF and I just started the CarbLover's Diet a little over a week ago. I lost 8lbs. my first week and he lost 11lbs. Keep at it! Drink that metabolism booster tea...it tastes like crap but it works! We're on Immersion and it is better. The food tastes great and the portions are larger. Congrats and keep up the good work!

Post a Comment