Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Carb Lover's - Day 3

I stepped on the scale this morning and according to the scale, I've lost 3 pounds since Monday morning and weighed in at 310.6. Wouldn't it be awesome if I kept up this momentum for the next 5 days?

I also made it through the morning without snacking!!! I was starving by 11:30 again and I could have had the strawberries I packed, but I drank more water instead and found that's all I really needed.

I added a couple handfuls of spinach to my banana shake today. I'm also going to pick up some protein powder or add a cup of greek yogurt to the shakes in the morning because I think that will help making the shakes more filling over the 4 hours between breakfast and lunch.

What I ate today:
B: Banana shake (frozen green banana, 1% milk, honey, spinach)
L: Big Chopped Salad
S1: 1 oz tortilla chips and 1/2 cup salsa
D: 4 black bean tacos

Calorie count: 1,459

How I feel:
Still going strong today. I walked around 1.68 miles after work and then had dinner with friends. I probably didn't need that last black bean taco at dinner because again the meal was filling, but it was so delicious I wanted another one!

I've shared two of the Carb Lover's recipes with friends and both were loved by all. I did add some lime juice and jalapenos to the black beans tonight that surely made them tastier.

Of course, I am craving my usual chocolate and fries. But these are just cravings, it has nothing to do with actually being hungry. Despite my weird dream about food last night, the food has been pretty satisfying on taste factor.

Onward!