Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weigh in: just call me yo-yo

Last week's weight - 277.4

This week's weight - 278.8

1.4 pounds GAINED

50.6 pounds lost since June 2010

So apparently we're in a yo-yo stage here. Gain, lose, gain, lose, gain. It's getting to be quite frustrating. Don't you wish the human body was like a car and came with warning lights and display panels to tell you when it needs a tune up?

Excuses? Oh yes, I have them. I ate too many calories yesterday (around 3,000). I had 3 margaritas and although I controlled my chip and salsa portion, I ate the entire portion of my order of fajitas (sans tortillas) that was drenched in oil. Want more? I'm sore from Powerlift (I increased my weight amounts yesterday) and I spent two hours raking leaves so my muscles are probably retaining water. Even more? It's that sneaky time of the month that makes you feel like a bloated version of your once shrinking self.

See, excuses? I have them. But none of them matter. I could talk for hours about all the perfect (or imperfect) I've done, but for whatever reason the scale isn't moving in the right direction lately and leaves me frustrated.

I have to own up that I'm not doing something right and correct it. I just need to figure out what that is. Because, I do have a goal to hit. Back in November I set a goal to lose 50 lbs by July 1. There are 16 weeks to go and hitting this goal is still within reach, I just need to stop the yo-yo.