Monday, February 7, 2011

Surviving Super Bowl - in photos and links

I attempted to mix up the traditionally unhealthy Super Bowl party food with a couple healthy options this year. Below are some pics of the spread.

I used these ingredients to make Carb Lover's Garlic & Herb Yogurt Dip.
Served with Baked Lays.


The snack spread

We also had grilled chicken wings, pork shanks (like pulled pork), fish tacos and beer cheese soup. It was quite the spread for 11 people, 3 kids and 2 dogs.

I ended up having a few bagel crisps with the buffalo chicken dip, a couple veggies and white bean hummus, a few baked lays and dip, probably about a serving of chips and salsa (my friend makes the best damn salsa in the world - I want to bathe in it.), 2 chicken wings, approx 4 oz of pork and a fish taco (1/2 fillet and 1 corn tortilla).

Oh and about 3 of these.

I have no idea how many calories I ate, but in all truth, I didn't eat to discomfort. I estimated around 820 for my SparkPeople food log.

What did you all eat at your Super Bowl party? Did you overeat or did you stay on your plan?