Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easy Peasy Breakfast Sandwiches

This post by Jen over at Prior Fat Girl, made me so want to share something I've been doing for a LONG time to make a quick, healthy and filling breakfast that also packs a punch of veggies first thing in the morning - microwave egg sandwiches!
  • I spray a normal cereal bowl (about an 8 oz size) with non-stick cooking spray


  • Add 2 eggs, dash of milk (non-dairy is ok), salt, and pepper, then mix


  • Add a handful of spinach on top (sometimes I throw random veggies in the egg mixture, if I need to use something up)


  • Microwave for 2 minutes, flip egg "patty" over in bowl
  • Microwave for 1 more minute, remove
  • Add egg to bread (toasted if you like) and top with cheese (also optional)


  • Wrap in a napkin, to eat it in the car!

In 5 minutes you get a nutritious breakfast, that will stay with you until lunchtime!

You could also top with your favorite low-calorie condiment, add a couple slices of lunch meat or bacon, or even a sausage patty, if you wanted. This morning I added a few dashes of hot sauce.


What are some of your favorite, quick, filling and healthy breakfast ideas?