Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Weigh in & Weekly Goals

Weight Last Week: 260.4

Weight this week: 258.4

2 pounds LOST this week

Lowest Weight Recorded: 232.2 on 4/22/12

71 pounds lost since June 2010

Despite a stressful week, and having an unexpected trip to St. Louis Thurs - Mon, I managed to go back down the 2 pounds I gained last week. I was feeling good towards the end of the weekend about how I handled what I was eating at home, so I would be lying if I said I didn't expect to see a little more lost. But ultimately I'm happy with the results.

As far as my weekly goals, they didn't happen how I wanted them to. But I'm trying to limit the guilt about it.

- Drink at least 64 oz of water a day - This I accomplished. Yay!

- Go to the gym/exercise 4 times a week - Nope. Not even close. I went to yoga Monday, and kind of forgot about the gym the rest of the week. I did take my nieces for a wagon ride on Friday so I'm counting hauling 60+ pounds up and down the hills in my sister's neighborhood as a workout.

- Do my PT exercises EVERY DAY (no excuses) - Failed here big time.

Nieces in the wagon ready to go!
At last week's body baggage meeting I made it my goal to not eat any crackers and chips (except Wasa) because these items can sometimes be a trigger for me. I am PROUD to say, I am still cracker/chip free. I didn't even have my Wasas with me in St. Louis, so I went 5 days chip/cracker  free. I am especially proud of myself considering both my mom AND my sister have a WHOLE SHELF in their respective pantries full of chips, pretzels, Goldfish (my fave!), etc.

I also didn't eat any horrible fast food on my way to/from St. Louis. I had a 6" ham sandwich with mustard from Subway on the way there and yesterday I had a grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo from McDonald's on the way back to Nashville. I even skipped the fries.

All this to say, I haven't been perfect. I had a few beers Saturday night, I had ice cream twice, and caved to the peanut butter M&Ms among a few other sweets throughout the weekend. But the good choices I did make, made me proud. Progress not perfection, eh?

So this week I'm just trying to recover from a busy/emotional weekend and staying in the saddle. I'm committed to no chips/crackers for 1 more week (at least) and I've already been to the gym once this week (last night). I'd like to go at least twice more, and then go join the Y on Saturday morning so I can start spinning/swimming for my upcoming Triathlon on May 18th.

So, this week's goals will be:
- drink 64 oz of water (got this down, I think)
- limit sugar as much as possible
- Gym 4 x this week
- PT exercises EVERY DAY (just do it every night before bed, Emily!)

Let's do this. I hope you have a great week!