Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Little Joy Ride

Until yesterday, Nashville hadn't seen the sun in 9 days. It was agony. The days were cloudy and rainy and cold. The trifecta of winter here in the south. We've been so spoiled this year, the extended period of missing sunlight really had me down.

When I checked the weather forecast for this weekend I was extremely giddy to see it was going to be 55 and sunny today.

Excited for 55 degrees? Yes. I was.

I haven't been able to do anything except be on a bike the last 2 1/2 weeks because I sprained my right ankle on Jan. 2nd.

Happy New Year to me!

So, I knew I could get out on my dusty old bike I haven't ridden since the early fall and take a short jaunt on the greenway near my house. The greenway had it's own plans.




Flooded. In 3 separate places. And considering the trail to get around was super muddy going around the first two floods. I didn't attempt the 3rd.

I still got in about 40 minutes of riding by circling back and going out to the road and riding through a neighborhood.

I don't know when I'll be able to run again, but if I could get a day like this in every week. I'd probably stay pretty content for a few more weeks at least.