Friday, December 9, 2011

Best photo of the year - #resound11 - Day 9

As normal, I dropped off the #resound11 wagon after two posts. I stare at a computer all day, so when I get home I rarely want to be on the computer. Hopefully since the next 3 weeks will be slower at work, I'll feel less stressed when I get home. When I received today's prompt, I immediately wanted to share some photos I took at the gym yesterday. Feel free to check out the project here.

Prompt #9: Today, please post your best photo of the year. It doesn't have to be the best technically, it doesn't have to be the best visually, but it should be a photo that you consider the best. Does it have special meaning? Is it of a significant event or moment? Share it with us!

In a rare moment of emptiness in the gym locker room last night, I borrowed the full length mirror for a little vanity:



For comparison, a photo taken in February 2011 after the Mercedes Half Marathon:


I consider the photos from the gym last night my "best" because it really shows my progress from even 10 months ago. Looking back at December 2010 to today, I've lost about 55 lbs. Even though I always feel like I could have done better and even though I've struggled over the last 10 weeks, I've made progress. I may have lost and gained the same 5 lbs a few times this year, but I haven't moved backwards in any way. I know I will get to a healthy weight, it may just take me longer than I would have expected.

I've been working on battling my obesity for almost 4 years now. I haven't done any crash or fad diets, eaten only 1200 calories a day, or exercised for 3 hours a day. I've done this at my pace. I've taken baby steps to improve my life and my health. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

marisol said...

Emily you look awesome! These updated pictures need to be added to the right side of your blog. You are doing so great. It takes hard work to lose weight. You didn't gain it all one day so it's going to take time. Just don't give up!

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB! You look awesome and I love your attitude.

Post a Comment