Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weigh in - Week 34

Last week's weight: 288.4
This week's weight: 290.0

1.6 pounds GAINED

39.4 pounds lost since June 2010

I'm not going to give excuses like I had 2 weeks of good weigh ins, or it's bloating from sodium. Truthfully, I had a bad week emotionally and did some emotional eating. Not near as bad as I would have 6 months ago, so on that side of things it's a victory, but enough to derail me for the week. I also didn't do enough meal planning and my lack of grocery shopping left the end of the week up in the air. I ate two high calorie, high sodium meals out on Friday. I knew eating out for both lunch and dinner was a big no-no, but I did it anyway.

I also wasn't there mentally for my workouts due to gym overcrowding and general winter funk. After great weather this weeked with a great 6 mile walk yesterday and 6.5 mile hike today, I am feeling back and ready for my planned workouts this week.

Of course I'm disappointed I gained, but I know I can easily get back on track this week. The half marathon is two weeks from today and I have seen my level of fitness increase over the last 4 months and that is so awesome to me. It makes me feel like I can accomplish anything I want to.

I hope to write more blogs this week too. I have a list of things that have been on my mind. I just need to find the time to sit down and do it.

Do you get more depressed when you have gains on the scale and go deeper into a funk? Or do gains wake you up and make you try harder the next week?