Taking a page out of Skinny Emmie's book. I am taking a look back on the last 6.5 months and reflect on all I've accomplished and the things I've experienced.
I've lost 36.2 pounds since January, but I've done so much more than chip away at my extra weight.
10 things I'm really proud of from the first half of 2011:
1. Attended my first spin class
2. Finished my 2nd half-marathon and improved my time by 43 minutes from my 1st half in 2009.
3. I have learned to not make excuses.
4. Signed up for my 3rd half-marathon.
5. Earned a new position within my organization.
6. Went fast food free for 90 days.
7. Began jogging.
8. Re-purposed my old too-big-for-me favorite dress.
9. Rode a bike for the first time since childhood.
10. Faced my fears and went outside of my comfort zone.
Of course there have been some not-so-great things about the first half of 2011 too: not reaching my July goal and realizing the end of a relationship. But, all-in-all if only 2 sucky things happened in the first half of 2011 and 10 awesome things happened, how can I complain? All I can do is move on and make the rest of 2011 even better.
Some things I want to do in the 2nd half of 2011:
1. Run a 5K (Aiming for Oct. 8, 2011)
2. Complete Warrior Dash (September 17, 2011)
3. Lose 30 lbs - I'm throwing this one in there because I'd really like to be down to the 220s for my next half in January; hoping to improve my speed to complete the race within the 3 hour time limit.
I'm so thankful my body is strong and I can condition it to do these amazing things. Not to mention being beyond grateful for the support of all of my friends, family and fellow bloggers!