Friday, March 8, 2013

Ironman March Update - Week 1

I committed to participate in Caitlin's (from Health Tipping Point) Ironman March Challenge where I will complete the Ironman distances in swimming, biking, and run/walking during the month of March.

You can check out the original Ironman March Challenge post and download the printable training plan on HTP.

On to my update for the first week (March 1-7).

The goal was to swim 872 meters, bike 25.3 miles, and run/walk 6 miles. Since I am just getting back to the gym from winter laziness/ankle sprain 2013 this is what my week looked like:

March 1-7:
Friday: nada
Saturday: 250 meter swim (first time in the pool since September and my goggles broke)
Sunday: 3 mile hike/walk
Monday: Active rest/Yoga
Tuesday: 5 mile indoor bike
Wednesday: 1.92 run/walk on treadmill
Thursday: Rest

So obviously my totals are 250 meters swim, 5 mile bike, 4.92 run/walk. And I'm starting out behind.

I'm not too concerned since I'm just now gearing up back at the gym. I'll hit the pavement tonight for another approximate 2 miles, then swim tomorrow (and hopefully get out for a hike in the afternoon), and probably do a spin class Sunday.

I'm going to try and add a little more to the outlined weekly totals so I don't have to play "catch up" all during one week. Overall I'd say the challenge has kept me motivated to keep moving forward with training for my mini spring Tri on May 18th. Anything to motivate me at this point is a good thing!

If you are interested in participating in the Ironman March Challenge you still have time! Check out the original post and commit today.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That's such a cool idea. I would totally do that if I had access to a bike. I could go stationary at the gym, but I don't really like to just go to the gym. I'm more into classes.

Post a Comment