Saturday, October 29, 2011

There's only one way to 100% ensure you don't overeat

The flu.

Yep, I have it. Well, I guess I am feeling a bit more upright today so I feel like it's passed, but I am still in recovery mode.

Thursday afternoon I started to feel a little sick to my stomach. Honestly, I thought it was just stress at work combined with lack of sleep that was making me feel queasy. The roommate and I were scheduled to go to Sugar Rush - an event that boasted over 20 local sweets makers for an all-you-care-to-indulge-in evening of cupcakes, cheesecake, candies, chocolate and more. And I wasn't planning on holding back.

I should have listened to my body.

As soon as I got there and saw what should have been deliciously beautiful food - it was over. After a restroom break I came back and tried a mini cupcake. "I can shake this off," I thought to myself. I was fine for about 5 minutes after consuming what is my favorite food group, but it just wasn't happening. I had to leave.

I don't even remember the drive home Thursday night. All I know is I was praying I made it with no incident.

I fell into my bed Thursday night (fully clothed) and didn't wake up until the sickness hit later that night. I won't go into details, but you GET what I mean...

Besides having to run something up to work in the wee hours of the morning yesterday, I stayed in bed about 23.5 of the last 24 hours. I can't remember the last time I slept SO. MUCH.

So the flu saved me from throwing my weigh in on sugar. Though, I don't thank it, I do appreciate its sentiment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are two ways, actually.

The other? Mono. And I have it.

I think this is the first time in my life I absolutely do not have any appetite. Ugh.

I just found your blog from Twitter. I'm a fan. Keep it up! You look fantastic. :)

Big Life, Little Blog said...

Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment