Friday, October 14, 2011

Measuring Up

What I really want to tell you about is my Fitness Evaluation at my gym this morning. It was awesome; however, I don't have the brain capacity to write in detail what I want to write about it. So it will have to wait for the weekend.

Never fear, I do have goodies for you today.

I haven't taken my measurements since the beginning of July. I'm never consistent on the frequency of when I take my measurements. I pretty much do it just when I feel like I haven't done it in awhile. So here we go.

July's results

When I began posting my measurements, I never posted what the measurement was exactly, just how many inches lost. I did this because although I had no qualms about sharing my weight with the world as someone who was over 330 lbs, for some reason admitting I had a 58" hip measurement when I first walked into the Dayani Center Weight Management program at Vanderbilt Med Center in 2008 was scary.

For consistency (and vanity, maybe), I'm still not sharing what my measurements are, but below is the change since July.

Hips: -1
Neck: no change
Arms: no change
Waist: -2
Underbust: -1.5
Natural Waist: -1.5
Thighs: no change

Total inches lost in 3 months: 6 inches

I'm not really surprised about my arms (lots of loose skin) or neck as I'm getting pretty small on top. But my thighs frustrated me since my legs LOOK smaller to me. I only regret not keeping track of my wrist, ankle and calves.

Since I haven't taken my measurements regularly, I don't know how to compare this. Honestly though? I've felt pretty fluffy lately. Like I have no tone at all. Yes, I am losing weight, but I don't feel like I am getting leaner.

This was #1 reason why I scheduled my Fitness Evaluation this morning. I am going to track my progress in 30 days and hopefully not only will I feel leaner, but I'll be leaner!