Friday, July 30, 2010

Looming running and 101 in 1001

I'm starting to get nervous about this week's weigh in. While my eating has been pretty much on point, I have still not be to the gym in 4 weeks. Oy vey! As I sit here on a Friday night watching DC Cupcakes, the fact is I am realizing I am almost exactly 10 weeks from the Oktoberfest 5k I am planning on RUNNING. Uh, what was I thinking again!?!

So I guess I better get to running, huh?

New Hobby

But I haven't been just wasting all this time I should have been using to work out. I finally broke out my sewing machine! After 7 months of sitting in its box collecting dust in my room I began using my sewing machine last weekend. And I used it for good. I began, and almost finished, a baby blanket for a dear friend that is pregnant. I will post it after I give it, just in case some snoopy little eyes take a peak at my blog.

101 in 1001

With all my creative juices flowing I decided to create a 101 in 1001 list. This is something I first discovered on a random blog I read. If you aren't familiar with the 101 in 1001 concept, basically the short answer is that you choose 101 things to complete in 1001 days (2.75 years). I tried to make my items completely quantifiable by putting quantities or time lines on them. I also stuck with only things *I* can control. You can read more about the concept at dayzeroproject.com.

After I enjoyed reading friend's and fellow blogger's lists, I decided to do my own. Mine isn't complete yet, but I started it on July 25th with the beginning of the baby blanket :) I will complete the items on my list on April 22, 2013 - just 8 months and 5 days before my 30th birthday.

What do you always say you want to do, but never get around to doing?