Wednesday, November 10, 2010

This dark at 4:30 thing is not working for me

The end of daylight savings time is kicking my ass. Anyone else in the same boat? It's only 7:15 and I could crawl into bed right now. Yesterday I headed to the employee gym to test out my ankle for a 3 mile walk. It was getting dark and once I got over there I realized there were no parking spaces because all of the lots were closed due to the basketball game. At that moment I had a choice to make, deal with it and seek out a parking space on the street a few blocks over or go home. I choose the latter.

This is a perfect example of how you always have a choice and making a series of healthy choices more times than the unhealthy choices will lead to being successful in building a healthy lifestyle (and hopefully in my case, weight loss).

Because of that choice, I got up at 6 am today and walked before work. Never in my life have I been able to exercise before work. I'm just not a morning person and the thought of getting up a couple hours early makes me want to puke. In this case the time change has affected me to my benefit.

My walk was pretty good. I only got in 2 miles before 1) my ankle started throbbing and 2) I ran out of time before I had to head home and get ready for work. I may try to do morning walks at least until it is too dark.

Training is going a bit slow at the moment, I've missed 2 longer walks because of my ankle and I'm not sure I'll be able to do the 6 miles on the schedule today. I'm just taking it as it comes and listening to my body when I go out to walk. This approach seems to be working, but I don't want to fall too far behind.

Weekend
My scale showed a gain this morning. Hopefully being back on my eating plan and exercising even a slight bit will shake it out. I admit though, I did not count calories at all Sat - Mon. I ate what I wanted and drank plenty of alcohol. My family is a trigger I need to work to overcome. I intend to dive into this issue head on during the holidays. I'll be blogging more about the weekend and some "Ah-ha" moments I had when I comes to family and my relationship to food.

Carb Lover's Kickstart - take 2

I plan to do another week of Carb Lover's kickstart beginning Monday. Stephen and a couple lovely ladies I am following on Twitter (@marleneglaser and @onnalark) will join me and start their Carb Lovers journeys. If you've been thinking about trying Carb Lover's, please take the plunge and join us. It helps to have support. Email me at emilysbiglife [at] gmail [dot] com.

1 comments:

whoatemyblog said...

Carb Lover's is going to be fun :)

Post a Comment