Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm back bitches

Last night I got on a treadmill for the first time since I failed at my couch to 5K training over the summer. I am very grateful that we have a free employee gym with treadmills, ellipticals, weights, classes and all the other usual suspects found at a gym. However, it's not a very "fun" place to work out - I am really hating the end of daylight savings for that reason.

Anyway.

I got my ass on the treadmill and crushed that sucker for 3 miles, with a pace of around 18:20. And no pain from my ankle, so I guess I'm back in full swing. I'm actually going to head to water aerobics after work today to get in an extra work out since I haven't really been working out the last two weeks (but I've managed to lose 7.4 pounds, imagine that).

Tomorrow I'll do my 6 miles, as long as my ankle holds out. I'm sort of scared about the pain this will cause because the highest milage I've done was 4 miles three weeks ago.

With a baby shower Saturday and a gathering with friends Sunday, my goal is to just stay within my calorie range and make reasonable choices. After last weekend, I have to do this to maintain (or just gain less). Sunday's weigh in will be interesting for sure.

Happy Friday y'all!