Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Struggling this week

The week has not gone well.

I am up 1.4 pounds from my Sunday weigh in. But luckily I do these mid-week check ins so I can turn my week around if needed.

The good thing is I can identify the problems, oh and there are a lot of them.

>I brought home 4 pieces of baklava from the Greek Fest on Saturday. And I ate ALL of them myself over the last 4 days (my roommate has been out of town).

> I binged on chocolate chip cookies Sunday night. I was craving chocolate and ate 6 without even thinking about it, costing me 390 calories.

> I haven't been getting enough rest at night. I've been staying up way too late and have only been sleeping 5.5 - 6 hours a night. That is not enough for this girl who needs 8-9 hours of sleep to be content.

> Last night I had an appointment after work. My plan was to eat some 100 calorie popcorn as a late afternoon snack to get me through to 7pm (when I would be able to have dinner at home), but I wasn't hungry so I didn't have the snack. I was fine until I got out of my appointment at 6:30 and was STARVING so I made the horrible decision to drive through a fast food restaurant. I knew it was wrong at the time and I didn't change my mind. My dinner of fried chicken tenders and french fries cost me almost 1,000 calories. Not cool.

> Skinny Cow ice cream cups. Enough said.

What I'm doing to change how my week is going:

>I will stick to my calorie goal of 1750-1900 for the rest of the week and will continue to track everything I eat on Spark People. No more sweets or fried foods for awhile.

>Drink at least 64 ounces of water each day

>Walk for 20 minutes at lunch today, walk 1 mile after work tomorrow, go to water aerobics Friday and walk 1 mile on Saturday. My back pain is slowly going away, but I still have pain from time to time so I do not want to over exert myself and go back to where I was 3 weeks ago. But I can take short walks each day with no problem.

>Go to sleep at 10pm each night to wake up at 6:30am to get to work on time.

>I will NOT buy any more Skinny Cow ice cream products. They are "low cal" but if I have them in the house, I just end up eating them every day. I do much better when I don't have any sweets in the house at all. Then when I crave something, I go out and get a single serving and I am done with it.

Let's see if I can turn this week around and at least hold onto my 4.8 pound weight loss from last week. Even if I have no gain, no loss on Sunday I will be happy.

1 comments:

Stephen said...

You are a good troubleshooter! Most people just get depressed and ignore their problems. You see some problems and work thorough them.

On another note, I've noticed this week that sugar free Jello pudding cups, while they are fantastic and low in calories, they make me crave sweets. I just ran out today, and I won't be buying anymore.

I am a sweets maniac and have to stay away... my new obsession: sushi!!! (I do try to limit my intake) :)

Also, good luck on going to sleep at 10pm, I know that can be tough.

If you follow your plans, I predict that you'll lose 2 lbs.

Eye of the Tiger!

Post a Comment