Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I had a dream...

I had a dream last night about food restriction. I think this concept has been consuming me this week on Carb Lover's kickstart as I'm not used to following a strict meal plan and while I'm not starving myself, I am not allowing myself "cheats." Yes, I've been counting calories for awhile now, but I usually just eat what I want in moderation.

In the dream, I was at some sort of state fair type place and people were trying to shove french fries and funnel cakes and corn dogs my way. What the heck!?!

I turned down breakfast on Saturday with a friend at one of my favorite southern, family style restaurants, Monells. It was a big decision for me and one I don't regret. We are going to still meet up after breakfast and have a great day together. Still, I can't believe I turned down Monells because I am always looking for an excuse to go there!

I honestly don't feel that restricted on the kickstart plan. Sure, I'm having to make changes in what I am eating. But I have wonderfully supportive friends. Tonight my CSA group will get together for dinner (as usual on Wednesday nights) and I am serving them the black bean tacos from the Carb Lover's book. I have also invited them to bring something along if they'd like and we will probably make a veggie dish from our CSA stash.

If I can do this, then anyone can. It just takes a little planning.

1 comments:

Jen said...

I have food dreams all the time when I am trying to eat healthy! Glad I am not the only one!

Post a Comment