Sunday, August 22, 2010

weigh in

Last week's weight 321.4
This week's weight 320.4

Weight lost this week 1 pound

Total weight lost since June 2010: 9 pounds

The scale really surprised me this week. On Thursday I was showing a 4 pound weight gain. It doesn't really make sense. I've had cake almost every day this week and my fair share of fast food too. I keep thinking, "maybe my scale is broken." But I'll just take this and run with it making sure I continue to improve my eating habits.

The first step was going to the grocery store yesterday. After making this Gingery Garlicky Tempeh last night, I reincarnated the leftovers into an egg, tomato, tempeh, feta cheese mess with a slice of Ezekiel bread and a tablespoon of Dark Chocolate Dreams spread after my run this morning. All inspired by my favorite food blogger - HEAB.

Oh yes, and I said "my run." (I use that term losely - it's more of a fast walk/joggish.) I started Week 3 of Couch to 5K today. I have to admit, while it has sometimes been challenging, I've never thought I couldn't do it. Today there were 2 segments where you run for 3 minutes. As I thought about running for 3 minutes straight pre-run it gave me a bit of anxiety. But I actually did really well on the first one and on the second one I only struggled for the last 30 seconds.

My main problem with running right now is the back pain it is causing me. I am armed with some advice from Danny Haralson with Run University. I'll chat more about the issues I'm having and the advice he gave me later this week.