Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back to Weekly Weigh-ins...for now

Weight on 8/12/12 - 246.0

This Week's Weight - 240.8

5.2 pounds LOST

88.4 pounds lost since June 2010

I haven't really been weighing in lately for no reason besides laziness and not wanting to face the fact I just can't get motivated to make the number on the scale go down - and stay there.

I have been focusing as much as possible on resisting tempting foods at work and adding more strength training into my routine. I'm getting to the point that even if the scale is not going to move, I at least want to feel good.

There were a few bumps in the road with a stressful week at work and letting a piece of pizza slide in as well as not getting as many workouts in as I normally would. But, I found myself doing opposite what I normally do in a stressful situation (eat) and was probably eating a little less than normal.

I'm looking forward to getting back on a normal schedule this week.

Although I'm not 100% perfect with my nutrition goals, there are a few things I'm trying to focus on in order to keep feeling healthy.

- Drink plenty of water (at least 64 ounces)
- Exercise 4-5 times a week, including 1 gentle yoga class for meditation and stretching
- Do strength training twice a week
- BEGIN my half marathon training for the St. Jude Half on Dec. 1
- Eat at least 1 vegetable with each meal, and make half my plate fruits and veggies when possible

The rest of the details, I'm not stressing. I'm trying to go the route of intuitive eating (which to me means eat when hungry/stop when full), and incorporating strength training into my regular workout routine because frankly this is something that has been missing over the last 2+ (four) years.

Hopefully, I have a good update on this plan for you next week!

1 comments:

marisol said...

Whooo hooo! Great loss.


Post a Comment