Wednesday, June 6, 2012

National Running Day, Hiatus, and 2nd Blogaversary

Well hello there!

I know, it has been a long, long time. In the history of the blog, I think this is the first time I've went MIA for 2+ weeks. But I needed it. I was ready to recharge and refresh. I went to the beach last week (which was fabulous) and decided to just take some time off for a bit. I was feeling too guilty about not being able to get on track after what is now is an 8 month rollercoaster. I needed some time to just let myself be guilt free.

While I may not be completely back in the saddle, I have noticed I am doing better. While I've been back on the scale, I'm not going to officially do a weigh in until Sunday. But I will admit I was back up to 241 last weekend, but as of yesterday I was back to 237. Not counting any of these as official, but again it's a start.

Today is the perfect day to re-enter the blogosphere.

First, it's National Running Day! I will celebrate with a 3 mile run today after work. I am so grateful that I have the ABILITY to celebrate in this way. Although running has taken a back burner to my swim and bike training for the triathlon in July, I still enjoy getting out for a run a few times a week. I am actually scheduled to do the Seattle Rock n Roll half marathon in 2 1/2 weeks - a perfect way to experience a city I've never been to before!

Secondly, today is my 2 year Blogaversary! I began this blog journey at 329 pounds. When I look back at my first post, I don't recognize the person in the photo in that post. I struggle with saying I am not where I thought I would be in 2 years when I started the blog because I really had no expectations. It was really an experiment started in response to several weight loss show rejections. I had a close call with my 3rd and final audition, but I decided even before I received the rejection that I would need a backup plan if reality TV didn't work out in my favor. So I had already decided I would start a blog.

All that to say, I'm still not where I WANT to be. Do I wish I could lose about 45 more pounds? Yes! Do I wish I had already hit the 100 pound loss mark? Ab-so-freaking-loot-ly! Do I wish I practiced more self-love and didn't care so much about the extra skin now on my body! Oh, I do! But I have to remember that I HAVE lost about 90 pounds. I HAVE done 3 more half marathons in the last 2 years. I AM stronger! And I AM healthier! And whether I carry around these extra 40 lbs for the rest of my life, or whether I get my sh*t together and lose some or all of it, I have done better for myself in the last 2 years than I did all previous 26 combined.

I don't want to make this first post back any longer than it already is, so I will just say that I am grateful for what I've accomplished, I am grateful for the few of you that read my ramblings and the community this blog has found me a part of. THANK YOU!


1 comments:

marisol said...

You are stronger and healthier. You didn't gain the weight overnight so it will take time. All you can do is not give up. Just keep going.

Post a Comment