Wednesday, December 29, 2010

On the 12th day of Christmas my family gave to me...

Today was the first day in many days that I've felt in control again. My calories are under my 1,900 goal and I walked 4 miles at approx a 19 min pace.

I'm not even going to look back at what went wrong (well maybe I will for my own internal introspective, but I won't rehash it here). I'm only going to look ahead and make sure my calories are on point the rest of this week into next month so I can either lose or maintain on Sunday. I have to remember I have a hefty goal ahead of me - I have approximately 6 months to lose 50 pounds. Scary!

The highlight of my holiday (and birthday!) was definitely the awesome, awesome fitness gifts my mom and sister gifted me.

New "wicking" sports bra. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it will be way more supportive. I've been wearing crappy cotton sports bras that just don't provide any support.Resistance bands. I asked for hand weights but I got these - and I'm not complaining!!! It comes with a DVD so I can't wait to try them out. I'm in some serious need of strength training in my life. My sister tried to show me a few moves Monday night ;)

Finally a jacket that's not cotton! I've been wearing fleeces and hoodies, which hold in moisture. I think this will be a welcome piece to my workout wardrobe.

A great base layer piece - it features a "Duo Dry" material. I have tried it on, but haven't walked in it. It seems like it may be a bit short on me (I have a long torso), but I think it will work out fine.

There was one disappointment - these running tights. My mom got me a pair of XXL C9 running tights from Target. When I inspected them they looked....small. Sure enough they didn't slide past my thighs. I measured them and they are only about 36 inches around the waist - is that an 18/20? Seems small to me.


It makes sense that they didn't fit, I'm not an 18/20 or XXL. Although, I have another pair of XXL C9 capris I bought 2 years ago when I did the Music City half-marathon. They were actually tight when I bought them and I always had a wear a long t-shirt with them (and still choose to do so, even at 30 lbs lighter). I ended up ordering these Danskin Women's Plus Performance Leggings from Wal-mart. I loathe Wal-mart, but they were only $13 since this style is discontinued, plus I didn't actually have to go IN a Wal-mart store.

I can't wait to try out all these new, awesome gifts. I got new tennis shoes last week and I'm ready for that 10 mile walk!!