Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Time for a new weight loss goal

It's no secret I've lost my momentum lately. I missed my July 1 goal and it's taken me 5+ months to lose the last 20 lbs (see progress pictures on the right). In fact, as I type this I am licking remains of a peanut butter bar from my fingers. I just haven't been as aware of my nutrition lately as I should be.

So it's time to get back on track and set a new mini-goal. Which is:

When I lose my next 20 lbs I will buy a Garmin (or other comparable GPS device) to track my runs.

I've been thinking for awhile that in order to train for the time limit on the Disney half-marathon, I'll need to track my runs and make sure I am training at about a 15 minute per mi pace. The easiest way to do this is with a Garmin. Also, Miss Lynn was recently gifted a Garmin and loves it.

But I don't want to just go out and buy one, let's make myself work for it!

I chose 20 lbs because it is still a significant loss, but I estimate I will still have ample training time to use the Garmin before the Jan race by time I reach the goal.

So, there's no time limit on losing the weight, but I don't get the goods until I am 20 lbs lighter.

Today I weighed in at 256.4 so when I reach 236.4 I will purchase a Garmin. I've already planned a few dinners for the week, and sworn off sweets (I swear no more peanut butter bars as of today).

Here's to getting back my willpower!

4 comments:

marisol said...

I love setting goals like this one. It's definitely a great way to motivate yourself to work hard at healthy living. I am rooting for ya!

Anonymous said...

I think that's a great goal!

I recently bought a FitBit, but I'm not in love with it. It's nice, but I feel like a Garmin would have been a better purchase. Which model do you want to get?

Big Life, Little Blog said...

@marisol Thank you ma'am!!

Big Life, Little Blog said...

@alastconfession I recently won that fitbit on Skinny Emmie's blog, but I always forget to wear it :( I'm not sure on the model of the Garmin. I will probably see what kind of deals I can get and get whatever is cheapest.

Post a Comment