Monday, June 28, 2010

Night from hell

My lovely Sunday took a turn for the worse yesterday. Several hours after a lunch of Salmon, baked potato and broccoli, I was praying to the porcelain Gods for the rest of the night. My only assumption is food poisoning as I was not running a fever. I also have to assume it was from the Salmon as I had not eaten anything else yesterday and my sushi dinner from the night before was shared by a friend and he didn't get sick.

After 2 Tylenol PMs I was out until 7am this morning and woke up dehydrated and weak and have spent the morning nursing myself back to health so I can get into work this afternoon as I have a lot of lingering things to be completed before my vacation and I'm already losing a day to the staff retreat.

There must have been a stomach ailment outbreak in Hermitage because Walgreens was out of Ginger Ale 2-liters today.

For shits and giggles I weighed myself this morning and I was 13 pounds lighter - 310. WHOA! Obviously, I know that number won't stay as I was/am majorly dehydrated, but that was crazy to see.

So far, I've only tried some toast. It was met with mixed results, but now armed with OTC meds and applesauce I am trying again before heading into work.

I hope everyone's week got off to a better start than mine!

3 comments:

Traci said...

finally stopping by here! Food poisoning is nooo fun. I've had it a few times. Take it easy!

Stephen said...

Don't eat salmon on our 4 week challenge. You'll kick my ass for sure!!

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Mr. E said...

Oh gosh?!?! Sorry to hear that. Hope you are now fully recovered.

Stephen's friend Ted(from Nashville)

Post a Comment