Wednesday, June 6, 2012

National Running Day, Hiatus, and 2nd Blogaversary

Well hello there!

I know, it has been a long, long time. In the history of the blog, I think this is the first time I've went MIA for 2+ weeks. But I needed it. I was ready to recharge and refresh. I went to the beach last week (which was fabulous) and decided to just take some time off for a bit. I was feeling too guilty about not being able to get on track after what is now is an 8 month rollercoaster. I needed some time to just let myself be guilt free.

While I may not be completely back in the saddle, I have noticed I am doing better. While I've been back on the scale, I'm not going to officially do a weigh in until Sunday. But I will admit I was back up to 241 last weekend, but as of yesterday I was back to 237. Not counting any of these as official, but again it's a start.

Today is the perfect day to re-enter the blogosphere.

First, it's National Running Day! I will celebrate with a 3 mile run today after work. I am so grateful that I have the ABILITY to celebrate in this way. Although running has taken a back burner to my swim and bike training for the triathlon in July, I still enjoy getting out for a run a few times a week. I am actually scheduled to do the Seattle Rock n Roll half marathon in 2 1/2 weeks - a perfect way to experience a city I've never been to before!

Secondly, today is my 2 year Blogaversary! I began this blog journey at 329 pounds. When I look back at my first post, I don't recognize the person in the photo in that post. I struggle with saying I am not where I thought I would be in 2 years when I started the blog because I really had no expectations. It was really an experiment started in response to several weight loss show rejections. I had a close call with my 3rd and final audition, but I decided even before I received the rejection that I would need a backup plan if reality TV didn't work out in my favor. So I had already decided I would start a blog.

All that to say, I'm still not where I WANT to be. Do I wish I could lose about 45 more pounds? Yes! Do I wish I had already hit the 100 pound loss mark? Ab-so-freaking-loot-ly! Do I wish I practiced more self-love and didn't care so much about the extra skin now on my body! Oh, I do! But I have to remember that I HAVE lost about 90 pounds. I HAVE done 3 more half marathons in the last 2 years. I AM stronger! And I AM healthier! And whether I carry around these extra 40 lbs for the rest of my life, or whether I get my sh*t together and lose some or all of it, I have done better for myself in the last 2 years than I did all previous 26 combined.

I don't want to make this first post back any longer than it already is, so I will just say that I am grateful for what I've accomplished, I am grateful for the few of you that read my ramblings and the community this blog has found me a part of. THANK YOU!


marisol said...

You are stronger and healthier. You didn't gain the weight overnight so it will take time. All you can do is not give up. Just keep going.

Post a Comment