This is a post I've needed to do for almost 2 weeks now. I feel bad. But here it is. Better late, then never they say, right?
A few weeks ago Marisol gave me a super sweet, awesome award and shout out on her blog. She gave me The Blog on Fire award.
The rules of this award are to pass this on to someone who has been doing incredibly well and then write 7 things about myself that you may not know.
1. My younger brother died in 2006 when he was 18. The official cause of death was from alcohol poisoning even though his BAC was tested at a 0.08 - just at the legal limit.
2. In college, my friends and I would take epic road trips across the country to go to concerts and see our favorite bands. I've lost count how many times I've seen my favorite band, but I'd estimate it is in the 100s.
3. I am a grade-A people pleaser. I will make myself miserable to ensure others are happy.
4. I was kicked out of Girl Scouts in 7th grade.
5. I've been to Australia and New Zealand, but I've never been to Europe.
6. I hate running in the rain and refuse to do it, but I love going for runs just after it rains when it is cloudy and damp outside.
7. I hate when people don't follow the rules or adhere to a set policy, yet sometimes I am not the best rule follower.
BONUS: I hardly ever follow a recipe to a T - I often "eyeball" measurements and add or substitute ingredients on a whim. Sometimes, this does not work out well....
I'm passing this onto my girl, Cyndi at RunRollRepeat. If you don't follow her, you should know she's had quite a year which included an accident on the job, a career change from trucker to nanny, and her husband having 2 surgeries from said accident. Through it all, she's kept up on her Weight Watchers meetings, and blogging. She tells it how it is and doesn't take any excuses!
I have to say a huge THANKS to Marisol - I really appreciate the love and I enjoyed sharing these things with everyone!